PE and Sport Premium
We are please to announce our new school games award, please click here.
For information on our swimming lessons please click here.
Primary school PE and school sport: new funding
The PE funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision within the school. This year the funding has doubled this year to £16,000 plus £10 per pupil from Year 1 to year 6. So our school, this year, has been allocated £17,700. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The evidence for physical activity and keeping active is overwhelming. An active lifestyle in and outside of school has a great impact on children’s wellbeing, productivity, stress levels, energy levels, obesity, brain activity, brain health and children’s moods.
The new Childhood Obesity: A plan for action policy (August 2016) states that the daily recommendation of physical activity for children aged 5-11 is 60 minutes per day. Schools are responsible for 30 minutes of this exercise, the other 30 minutes should be done at home.
How will we be spending the PE and Sport funding and who will it benefit?
At St Andrews we are investing £4242 of our funding to affiliate to the North East Derbyshire School Sport Partnership (NED SSP). The NED SSSP is passionate about improving the lives of young people, by providing opportunities through Physical Education and Sport.
NED SSP will provide a core package to support the school in;
- Continuous professional development signposting and support
- Inclusion training and support
- PE and School Sport Audit
- Training for our REAL PE scheme
- Level 1 School Games (intra-school) support
- Access to Level 2 School Games calendar appropriate for age group (inter-school – cluster / district)
- Access to Level 3 School Games events (qualification only)
- Membership of the Derbyshire School Sports Association
Leadership & Volunteering
- Mini Leader programme - training / mentoring
- Bronze Young Ambassador programme
- School Sport Organising Crew development (primary / junior)
Club & Community Links
- Signposting to local clubs through competition programme
- Sport specific curriculum support.
- Midday Supervisor training
- Wheelchair Basketball taster day
- Active lunchtime programmes through our Mini-leaders and BYA
- Bikeability programme (Y5&6)
- Early Rider Infant cycling programme (infant only)
- Dance Festivals
- Inclusive Sport Festivals where whole classes can attend (Juniors only)
- Change 4 Life Sports Club programme.
- Promotion of Netball World Club- offering leadership training to classes.
- Multi-skills festivals for Infant children.
- Support for schools to achieve School Games Kitemark for PE and Sport
- Cluster and Individual School development through a PE and School Sport audit
- Sharing of good practice through regular PE Coordinator/Headteacher meetings at cluster and SSP level
- School Sport Partnership Conference (KS1 event)
- For more information please visit the partnership website www.nedssp.co.uk
To see a more detailed action plan and proposed expenditure please click here.
To see our sports premium funding 2019/2020 please click here.
To see the whole school evaluation tool please click here.