Dear parents and carers,
Thank you for your ongoing support through this challenging time.
- Our capacity to remain open
We will remain open until this is no longer viable for staffing levels or there is a government announcement of widespread closures. We are currently running on a reduced team due to self-isolation precautions but currently have sufficient staff to run safely.
- If we do need to close, we are fully prepared for this. We will send a pack of work for each child and have procedures to be able to keep communication open and set new work for as long as is necessary. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to set individual work for children who are currently self-isolating. If we need to close, we have plans in place so that children not currently here will also receive the packs of work.
Pupils and staff with temperature of 37.8 degrees or higher and/or a new, continuous cough should be absent from school and self-isolate for 14 days. Siblings and family members must also self isolate for this period.
- Hand hygiene:
- Children are now washing hands thoroughly in school for a minimum of 20 seconds at regular intervals throughout the day.
- For children whose hands are sore, we have a small supply of moisturising soap available. If you wish to supply soap or hand moisturiser for your child then you are welcome to do this. You would need to fill in a medication form for any creams. Children are able to self-administer this, but must not share it with other children due to allergies. We are giving these three key messages:
- Use of tissues to catch a cough or sneeze, then binning the tissue and washing hands.
- Washing hands frequently, before leaving home, on arrival at school, after using the toilet, after breaks and sporting activities, before eating any food and before leaving school.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Current implications in school
Whilst the key message is ‘business as usual for now’, the following exceptions have currently been made:
- Toddlers on Wednesday has been cancelled until further notice.
- Parents helpers are not currently coming in to school.
- Thursday reading morning has been postponed until further notice
- Many outside professionals, including Autism Outreach and Education Psychology have reduced or suspended their face to face contact with schools.
- All sporting events have been cancelled.
- Events have been cancelled in school, including class assemblies and the March film night.
- The Y4 residential has now been moved to October.
Many thanks for your continued support.