Our Vision, Values and Aims
At St Andrew’s, our distinctive Christian values underpin everything that we do. We value each individual child as a child of God and aim to bring out their full potential: socially and emotionally as well as academically.
”We aim to develop every member of our school community to their full potential as an enthusiastic learner in a Christian, caring environment”.
Our Christian Values:
There are many links between our school's Christian values and our promotion of British values. You can find out more about our work on British values here.
- St Andrew’s CE Methodist Primary School aims to promote a caring, Christian ethos and provide a safe, happy working environment which values everyone in it.
- We strive to develop to the full, the potential of each individual child.
- We aim to provide a love for learning through a creative, relevant curriculum which encourages independent thinkers and learners for life.
- We aim to uphold high standards of conduct, behaviour and respect shown to all members of our school at all times.
- At St Andrew’s, we believe in fostering a supportive, open environment in which the qualities of willingness, equality, fairness and kindness are an integral part of all activities within school.
To make this happen we will:
- Ensure that the curriculum is broad and balanced, meets national requirements, offers opportunities for enrichment, maximises the potential of all children and is based on the values found within the teachings of Jesus.
- Provide a learning environment which encourages children to attain the highest standards they can in all subjects, but especially in Literacy, Numeracy and Science and RE. Encourage self-discipline through independent learning, enquiry and investigative skills.
- Promote the development of a positive self-image, self-confidence and self-worth and to value and develop individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Celebrate and develop the creativity within each child.
- Teach our children to read fluently, listen carefully, to develop a legible style of handwriting and to communicate clearly and confidently in speech and writing.
- Nurture our children within a Christian ethos, experiencing meaningful collective worship, respecting all cultures, religions and differences throughout our world.
- Ensure that each child is familiar with information technology and to apply it in their everyday lives.
- Build positive and supportive relationships within our school community, valuing and welcoming the important contribution made by parents and friends of the school.
- Help to develop faith in each individual within our school.
- Maintain and extend the positive links with St. Andrew’s Church and other churches in our parish.
- Provide an inclusive environment which ensures access to all aspects and facilities of our school, in line with the national recommendations for accessibility.
- To respect the fact that every child matters and to embrace the five areas of children’s personal development: adopting a healthy lifestyle, feeling safe and adopting safe practices, enjoying their learning, making a positive contribution to the community, preparing for their future economic well-being.